ADHD: When you’re hyper, all you want to do is calm down.
Here are 5 ways to cool off when your body and brain are on fire.
1. Try deep breathing exercises.
Deep breathing calms the nervous system but also has many other benefits, like cardiovascular health and asthma relief.
2. Try exercising to the point of fatigue, but not pain.
When your body is tired, it begins to slow down, which means your hyperactive mind will also begin to calm down.
3. Try Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, or just stretching exercises in general.
4. Try deep breathing and yoga to get your energy flowing.
“When we hold on to our breath, we interfere with the movement of prana or life force energy in the body. Yoga is designed to release this tension so that the full capacity of the lungs can be utilized”.
5. Try standing up and moving around if you’re feeling restless.
There are also many natural supplements that can calm hyperactivity, like essential fatty acids. But you should always consult a holistic doctor before taking any supplements, especially when pregnant or taking medications.
I have high-functioning Autism with co-morbid ADHD and OCPD and I can relax by doing Tai Chi, try it!
Leave a Reply